· Age: 18 years and older
· Duration: Varies according to your availability and our workload, this is a custom made course. We only take Divemaster trainees in the form of “Internship”. This means the student is involved in the school’s operations and participates in assigned tasks on top of diving and their curricula so that we can teach them the profession of diving. We also teach our students everything we can about responsible and solidary diving, marine ecology and biology and how to engage with local communities through our scuba divers work to benefit the locals.
· To be a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or equivalent).
· To be a PADI Rescue Diver (or equivalent).
· Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
· A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
· At least 40 logged dives to begin the course and 60 dives to earn certification.
The PADI Divemaster course is your first level of professional training. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you’ll fine-tune your dive skills, like perfecting the effortless hover, and refine your rescue skills so you anticipate and easily solve common problems. You’ll gain dive knowledge, management and supervision abilities so you become a role model to divers everywhere.
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities.
Through knowledge development sessions, water skills exercises and workshops, and
hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety
of scuba diving activities.
Topics and practical workshops include:
The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
Diver safety and risk management
Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
Business of diving and your career
Awareness of the dive environment
Dive setup and management
Mapping an open water site
Conducting dive briefings
Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs